So, this is it. The first post in the QCron Blog.
And what is QCron? The simple answer would be that QCron is a project based time tracker. But in truth, QCron is much more. It is an application that will allow management of projects in several different aspects (time, costs, resource allocation, etc.) becoming a great tool for managers to make the right decisions based on hard facts.
QCron is a web based application that can be used from any workstation with internet access. We developed it using Ruby on Rails, which is a very flexible and exciting technology. And we are using multiple Web 2.0 features which generated a very user friendly solution.
As an introduction, here are some of the key points featured by qCron:
- Web based. Accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Very easy to use and setup.
- Detailed dashboard, that provides quick indicators of performance.
- Employee utilization analysis.
- Absenteeism analysis.
- Budget analysis.
- PDF and Excel exports.
- Easy to use time sheet recording.
- Daily and weekly time sheets.
- Automated email remainders.
- Client/project management.
- Activities and tools experience recording.
As said before, these are only some of the strong points in this new product. Please stay in touch, as the development is progressing fast and we will have more news very soon!